Radiator Cap

Guest Jumbo

Guest Jumbo

Am I right in saying that there are different types of radiator caps which different pressures on the springs? If so what type would I require for my 2B please?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

You are correct, the different caps will open up to allow different pressure release according to the strength of the spring. They will vary according to the type of engine you are using. Have a look in the haynes manual if you have one, I think it should be in the specifications. If not someone on here will let you know if you list what engine you are using. I think if I remember rightly they should be stamped with the psi on the top. You could probably find it by using the search facility on the forums or even just googling it!

Regards

Kevin

Guest chris brown

If you are using the suck blow system with the overflow into a tank then you need one with seal in the top of the cap unless it won't suck water back when cooling.

Guest Jumbo

Crickey, "suck blow system" I'm sure I once saw a DVD with this in and it didn't include cars!!

All I can say is that when I took it for its MOT yesterday quite a lot of water was coming from the radiator over flow pipe (not into a tank but straight onto the floor) which the mot tester thought that there wasn't enough pressure from the cap (it does look knackered as well).

So seems 14lb or 1 bar cap is the one?