Last Few Connections, Help Please.

Guest fatherhood

Guest fatherhood

Nearing the end of my engine transplant ( 2lt pinto with bike carbs) I have a couple of pipes that I don`t know where they go. I know they maybe simple questions with simple answers but I`m puzzled.

Q 1 Vacuum pipe from brake servo to ?

Q 2 as picture ?

Thanks in advance Dave.post-4138-0-30832700-1372792370_thumb.jpg

you should have a vacuum pipe connection on number four inlet manifold if not you will have to tap one in and the engine breather valve needs to go to an oil catch bottle with breather filter or as most people do temporary stik a filter on the end of the pipe and put up with oil smell now and again

Guest chris brown

The engine breather in the photo I would remove the non-return valve (stick a screwdriver through it) then run it into a catch tank. Otherwise you will get positive pressure in the crankcase. As for the vacuum pipe you may need to drill the manifold but no doubt someone with the same setup will come on with there answer.

I had to cut the bottom of the breather off cos a screwdriver wont do it nor a drill ended up with oil all over engine and bay so put new valve back in stuck a filter on had no probs so far engines reving to six and a half thou no problems with engine breathing