Zero Chassis Number

Guest AndyJW

Guest AndyJW

should the zero come from the factory with a chassis number? Someone said to me today that a chassis made by a manufacturer should be delivered with a chassis number stamped into it?

Watch out for the DVLA incompetents though.

They managed to register my car TWICE with different VIN numbers. They first lost the original documents so I had to register with copies which they got correct. They then found the originals and entered the VIN number using Z instead of 2, so I got a duplicate tax disc (slightly different Reg), log book (incorrect VIN) and plating certificate.

:)

Simon.

Hmm good point, its an interesting thought to play with. Of course going to get something approved before stamping things :)

Phantom registration is a good shout, but how quickly can you change the coloured GRP bits on the car and replace number plates? Just another thought to play with ;) haha

Just got the chassis number for our new 2B build from DVLA Worcester - sent a very short letter - I am building a kit car please issue me a chassis number.

They sent me the number within a couple of days on a DVLA form all signed & dated etc so should avoid any arguments in the future so long as I stamp it onto the chassis correctly.

Richard