Local Help Needed

gncgray

Afternoon

Just about ready to set fire to "Zoe" today. I had a IVA re-test booked this afternoon but had to cancel as emissions all over the place. Also have a miss fire which probably the factor for the emissions being erratic.

I have checked coil, leads and plugs and all fine. I have also tested that the injectors are working too. I'm running 2.0 Zetec with GBS plenum and Megasquirt.

Is the anyone local to York who knows what they are on about who can help me with this.

Thanks

Graham

I have had emission probs right from the start really. I took the car to my local garage and they did a emission MOT for me and it past! I then went to my IVA and it failed on Lamda being to high. I have welded up the down pipe to exhaust to eliminate any air leaks as Lambda it is too high (lean).

I cant hear any air leaks inlet side either. I did use spark plub testers and number 1 cylinder was flashing brighter then the others. Then thought coil pack was at foult but thats tested ok.

Its probably the missfire thats buggered the emissions

Fixed the misfire. Spark plugs....I went to Halfords and bought some for 2.0 Zetec 1999-2001. When I got home and took the old ones out they were about 10mm shorter than the new ones. For some reason the wrong ones were in there. No doubt responsible for the rough running of the car, i.e. poor emissions and misfire.

The spark wouldn't of been in the combustion chamber but up in the thread of the head. £13 on some Bosch 521 have done the trick. I think sometimes you look too deep into the problem and not the obvious ones.

Gray

• Like 1