Dellorto Spares

Shak

Hi there I am rebuilding my carbs which are dellorto 45 and have found the top plate which hold the floats is broken is there anybody out there with a spare I can buy please,I am looking which would run better bike carbs or dellotro carbs running a 2.0 pinto with emerald fast road cam and nodiz ecu at minute running bike carbs but struggling to set up so my put back dellotro to see how i get on but needs repair.has anybody out got any views on which is better bike or dellotro. nodiz system is a great product to use as we'll .

Robin Hood S7

Bike And dellorto very similar.

Eurocarb (dellorto uk) will be able to supply the part you need. Excellent customer service from them.

Whichever carbs you chose to use, is recommend a proper rolling road setup, anything else will just be a best guess.

The problem is you are trying to set up the carbs yourself. Bolting them on, if you're lucky will get the engine to run, probably badly. Fiddling with them at home might get it to run slightly less badly.

Bite the bullet and get the car with bike carbs on to a rolling road that knows how to set up bike carbs. They will get it to run properly.

It won't be any different with the dellortos on. Still needs to be set up on a rolling road.

Longer term the potential from both sets is about the same but the bike carb settings tend to be more stable and stay in tune. The dellortos may need fiddling with now and again to keep them in tune.

I would stick with the bike carbs and get them set up by a professional. Sell the dellortos to pay for the rolling road session. Win/Win.

Nigel