Zero Rear Hub Carrier Long Bolt

keith kelly

Hi all,

I am re-doing the rear suspension on my zero as the builder had not built it right and affected the handling of the car. anyway with great difficulty we managed to get the long bolt out of the bottom of the hub carrier which even once we had it rotating slightly it was still ridiculously tight.

Now I am close to putting back together I can not get an M10 bolt into the hub carrier tube and would require great force which would damage the bolt.

have others had issued with this bolt being "a tight Fit"? or is the bolt not an M10? I have looked at putting a 10mm drill bit down the tube but this seems to be too big which leads me to think its an odd size.

spoke to gbs and the bolt is supposed to be 10mm but there is no way I am going to get a bolt into the tube so looks like I need to open it up to 10mm for whatever reason. Any idea's on the best way of doing this. If I use a drill bit I am bit concerned it will snag.

also after speaking to gbs it would appear that it has been built the wrong way round as the hub carrier with the notch in is on the passenger side and should be on the drivers side. no wonder the rear was twitchy!

Keith,

Have you got drums or discs on the back?

If drums like mine I have drilled an access hole in the carrier for the lower shoe retaing pin.

Also I don't think I had notches on my 2008 kit there are some instructions on the kitspares site ( registration required) in the download section.

Finally mine required a shim on the passengers side to correct a misalignment which affects early chassis.

Ozz