Dodgy Main Beam

Mitch

Hi All

My car has developed an annoying fault,

I have side lights, Headlights, but when i pull lever to flash only one main beam lights up? (Drivers) :gdit:

When i push lever away, to put mains on properly the passenger light goes to side? and the drivers side goes to main. :gdit:

I have checked connections and all seams well. :boohoo:

As im U S at the electric side any tips.

Or electricians at newark this weekend, we could have a drive in car clinic :D

Mitch

Mitch

Check the earth at the steering column,their's an earth that goes to the

socket of the lighting swith connector,.......assuming your using Sierra switches!!

This earth was missing on my car and I had some really strange lighting effects.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Ian

Guest minty

Hey deja vu ! :wacko: I had allsorts of funny headlight issues after running OK for a year. A helpful electrician at work gave me a daily "check this out" list - eventually I found it was an earth into one of the relays - despite me having checked the cable with a meter (which buzzed to say it was a good earth) - turns out that under load, just being connected to earth is not enough - the connection needs to be 100% or close - seems a meter will say all "OK" even at 1% when just checking for continuity .

If it sounds as if I know what I'm on about - don't believe it ! :blink:

In summary - check out the earth routes to each lighting relay (they all connect to each other in a strange conspiracy !) by placing a direct fly lead to earth on them !

Good luck . :p