2B On The Rolling Road

Guest Dean Morledge

Guest Dean Morledge

On the way home from the Donnington show last year my car running a brand new 2 litre zetec on throttle bodies just didnt seem to drive right... the acceleration was sluggish, it seemed to struggle to even get up to 70mph and ever since this when you come to start the car it just wouldn't run right.

When we took the car to have it tuned in 2013 I was advised that the throttle bodies were not very good and because of this they had trouble tuning it, apparently because they were attached to the engine via silicone tubing they moved and flexed under stress which was causing issues. So we immediately suspected these were the issue.

Below are the results of the tuning in 2013

2013kitcartune_zps0f2acc21.jpg

We replaced the throttle bodies with a GBS plenum and have taken it to be tuned on Wednesday with the results of this being a slight power increase and a much better running car! Now just to MOT and tax it on Monday and I cant start to enjoy it again!

2014KitcarTune_zpsc5c5011f.jpg

dynotech are just around the corner from me....I can drop my car off and walk home so very handy.....they are a good buch of guys and know there stuff.....especially programming megajolts / squirts... but they're a bit pricey compared to a lot of rr's!!... always busy tho so doing good!

great results.. :)

Guest Dean Morledge

Yeah one of the main reasons for going to them was that they are local (I work just off junction 26 M1 and live south notts) and the fact that my car is running on mega squirt which finding someone who knows the system well enough to get a good tune was difficult!

I suppose the added bonus with this tune is that my dad has exactly the same setup in his Zero but with an emerald ECU and only managed 136bhp. I need all the extra help I can get for the added weight of the 2b!

Guest Dean Morledge

Dan

he didn't mention that the figures were at the wheel so i presume they are as the graph says and are the flywheel figures

cma

running the crate 2 litre zetec, brand new, standard injectors and the large gbs exhaust. As i say the max bhp i got was very similar to my dad with the same setup so not sure how gbs got that high a figure with a standard engine?

hi im running GBS plenum standard injectors and standard GBS exhaust and GT manifold on weber alpha system in my S7 and it made 178bhp on webers own rolling road

are you using the fuel reg on your set up cos GBS say not to but my car runs miles better with it connected

40bhp at flywheel is quite a lot to be down !!

Guest Dean Morledge

Not sure if it is the reason but we did say to Kevin the tuner that i was hoping to use the car mainly for everyday driving, too and from work etc rather than tracking/speed.

this might help explain some of the difference in bhp?

its got to be wheel power as my silvertop on carbs is poking 142bhp @ 6000rpm (wheel) the power is irelavant at the end of the day my engine measured 152 at the wheel last trip but was a pain at steady throttle retuned with smaller chokes lost 10hp and gained a super smooth engine all through the rev range... I know which set up i prefer ! drivable :clapping: