Mechanical Fuel Pump, Pinto

Guest Gargoil

Guest mower man

Its only 1 wire ! it will work make sure you earth the pump properly . If you want I can have a ride out to see you , pm location I m south of sheffield mower man :crazy:

Although I haven't done it on mine so this isn't a criticism (I've just got the pump wired directly on a ignition circuit), I'm told that the best way is to wire through a pressure switch so that should there be an accident and the engine stalls fuel flow will stop to minimise the risk of fire.

(oh and happy birthday Mowerman....)

Edited by emptyat

I put an inertia switch on my circuit, must be easy if I could do it. I used a mondeo one which was about a fiver so not a major investment for something that could prevent a bump turning in to a disaster. Interestingly I wired it all in and checked that it all worked ( I used the third terminal to light a warning light on the dash should it be triggered by a pothole!) but when I fixed it all in place it wouldn't activate. After a while I realised that the only thing I had done differently was to mount the switch under the bracket for ease of fixing. Changed it back again and yes they do only work one way up! And Happy Birthday Mick, easy to remember mine tomorrow!