Exhaust

Guest W23lky

Guest W23lky

Hi what's the best exhaust to use on a 1300 xflow,I ve already got a 4-2-1 stainless manifold so just want side silencer any surgestions thanks

Depends on you budget really. I've got a re-packable stainless silencer on my Pinto which I'm fairly happy with but not exactly cheap:

http://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/5-stainless-steel-silencer

Assuming you don't need to pass IVA and noise level isn't an issue, you could try a bike can. There's plenty of choice on Ebay but it might be a fiddle getting the pipe sizes to match. Another option is to find somewhere that makes up aftermarket stainless systems on the car, go down and see what silencers they've got and maybe try one so you can gauge the sound level.

Guest W23lky

Thanks for comments I don't need iva it was the very first car to pass Sva back in 1997 so levels not a issue was just looking for something to sound throaty

Ive got a pinto.but unless someone is running exact same spec as your they wont sound the same

ive just changed toa tuned pinto from an oe spec and its changed the note

Guest W23lky

If you look in Ron champions build a sports car for £250 a few pages from the back there is a page with 6-8 cars mine is the red one bottom left( noddy)