Rear Sierra Spring Stiffening

biksz

One thing I found on my 2B was too much clearance between the standard Sierra coil and the upper mount (cup).

When the back is jacked up (by the body) letting the rear trailing arm drop to its lowest point, make sure the coils cannot drop out, you don't want to be going over a hump back bridge and the springs drop out!

This does not affect the use of stiffners but it is something to think about during your build.

I opted for the coil overs which are bolted top and bottom so no issues for them to pop out :)

Guest shaggy

Exactly the same on my S7, drive shaft rubbing on the springs. Tried assistors, but rubbish really. I ended up with a pair of coil overs mounted on the shocker assembly - made a massive difference, and I would well recommend it to others. Also, with the sierra springs on, there is a possibility of the spring popping out if you go over a hump back bridge fast enough...........

simon you got any pics of how you fitted coil overs? here is a couple of pics of what i could do with coil overs but unsure as to what clearance is best for rear wheel. there will be a plate on the other side as a spreader plate so not to rip a hole in the car. would this hold?and do the job.

post-10798-0-76620600-1400619850_thumb.jpg

post-10798-0-03199300-1400619865_thumb.jpg

Guest mower man

The spring popping out is cured by a retaining strap to stop the swing arm dropping too far I have seen rope used but it's untidy my car has has straps made of some thing like seat belt webbing between rear of swinging arm and tub its worked for 12 years !!! mower man :crazy:

Edited by mower man