Rear Sierra Spring Stiffening

biksz

has any one used the spring assistors and if so how good are they but do they make ride height higher? I don't want to make ride height higher just want to stiffen the spring up so not so rolly in corners at slightly faster speeds

Guest Ian & Carole

I have a pair from Tow sure the ones that fit between the coils.

Put them on for towing the trailer tent.

Yes they have made a difference.

Guest Ian & Carole

ian did it alter ride height?

Sorry that was one of your questions.

No.

If you get the right ones they just sit in the coils and only come into use as the spring compresses.

Guest old_timbo

I used them on my 2B as the standard springs were too soft and under hard acceleration it would bottom out. With the assisters it gave a dual rate, soft initially so comfortable, then firmed up as the assisters had an effect. Worked well. Eventually I changed to coil overs for the adjustable ride height and damping capability. When I did so I noticed the assisters had rubbed on the drive shafts as it is all quite tight. Would have been better to fit them high on the spring rather than in the middle. Also a good idea to cable tie them on as they can jump out. Still under my bench if you want them.

post-1398-0-29641900-1400533707_thumb.jpg

that's the problem I got my springs rub on the drive shaft when going round a corner fast as the car seems to roll a bit so wanting to stop the roll till get some coil overs sorted which wont be till next year now :sorry:

My old S7 did the same, also when it bottomed out part of the tub cut the drive shaft Gators. I fitted spring assisters which worked fine and to stop the rubbing on the drive shaft I found the top mount could be moved back about 20mm as they were at the front of the cut out in the side of the tub.