Wiper Electrics

WallerZ

I have got my wiper motor in and wired up, problem is, the motor doesn't have an intermittent setting and has a live for the auto park (the MX5 has intermittent with the live feed possibly acting as the auto park).

I plugged it all up matching slow-slow and fast-fast etc and put intermittent into the auto park connection. When I powered it up, the motor made a noise and moved the cable slightly to what I believe is the auto park setting. However, I can't get any other settings working. Would replacing the auto park with a further live connection work? Open to any ideas as driving with no wipers in the rain is not ideal....

Cheers,

Zach

From your build blog, you used the Mazda loom which I do not know at all well, but am aware that the intermittent circuit is in the back of the switch, not separate, and will switch to the slow speed circuit not the park.

However the Lucas motor requires a 12v for the motor to park, which must be switched off when first speed, or intermittent, is applied or it blows the fuse. The Ford switch can be made to act like a Lucas switch and cut the park feed.

Sorry, I may be of no help but I will have a look at an MX5 manual I know of and see if I can come up with something.

Yeah standard MX5 loom.

OK thanks, fuse is still intact so not an issue there. Just need something to wipe the screen in days like today, doesn't need to be fast/slow/intermittent, just movement would be nice haha.

Cheers