Not Happy With Ups

agent_zed

bought some ignition coils off eurocarparts and payed for 24hr delivery. Should have arrived yesterday. Had an email saying it was delivered and that it was 'left by front door'.

Checked our doors front and rear. nothing. Said it was dropped off at 11am when someone would have been in, so made sure family hadn't picked it up. they hadn't seen it.

So looked at the tracking website which again said it had been delivered. There was a joke of a button that said 'delivery proof' or something like that and all it said when i opened it was that the package had been delivered because the driver had said so??? that's not really proof is it.

Phoned them and they got the local depot to call who told me the driver had 'left it behind a pillar'. So had a look again and then had a thought so walked to the end of our drive (+200m from the house) and it had been left under a brick on the top of our gatepost in clear sight of the road. Lucky no-one else had noticed it pinched it.

It had been there overnight so was a bit damp. Probably not the best thing for £60's worth of ignition coils and certainly not 'by front door'

Will be sending an email to UPS and advising eurocarparts..

I think I'd have been tempted just to tell them they weren't there and let them cough up for a replacement set.

I've just had something similar with citylink (had to restrain myself from the sh there). Got an email saying my parcel had been delivered to a neighbour and the card through the door would say where. Only there was no card through the door. I'd spoken briefly to one neighbour on the evening of the day that it had supposedly been delivered and the other neighbour had died two days previously so I assumed it wasn't with either of them. I'm still waiting for Citylink's complaints outfit to get back to me. I started asking further afield with no joy until I happened to bump into the immediate neighbour again (not the one who died) and mentioned it - it turns out the silly witch did have it but hadn't thought to mention "I've got a parcel for you" when I'd been speaking to her. If Citylink had bothered to tell me where they had actually left it I'd have had it several days earlier.

Parcelfarce - I once saw the driver pull up so I put my shoes on and went to answer the door. As I reached the door the card dropped through the letterbox to tell me they had tried to deliver but there was no answer. He must have filled the card in whilst sat in the van before he even came up the path. His face was a picture when I opened the door and yelled Oi you!.