Just Added 12 Litres To Fuel Tank With 3 Drill Holes

agent_zed

been meaning to do it for ages but finally got round to taking off the filler and drilling a couple of holes further up to allow air our when i fill the tank.

rough calculations mean can fit 12 more litres in as the pipe was 5cm into the tank.

Also chopping a piece out and making the pipe have a more open entrance so i don't have to sit and slowly watch the fuel in every time.

:)

that's reminded me I have to look at my over flow pipe on sender unit as my tank is only 4.5 gallon as found out when filled it up and there was fuel all over floor from over flow on sender lol only took £23 to fill though as was a bit already in.another job to get done lol

in a picture mood. here's the mod i made

95zokm.jpg

cut out a piece and then welded in a new piece which was a section from an old disposable welding bottle, which is good thick steel.

you can just see one of the drilled holes in the bottom section, which shows how far in the tank the pipe was going and stopping me getting more fuel in.

Edited by agent_zed