New Car

Guest aidankinnell

Guest aidankinnell

Picked a lovely brand new seat leon yesterday from the dealer, it's just been pointed out to me by lovely wife that the registration plates don't resemble those detailed on any of the tax, insurance or purchase documents. I see a trip back to dealer on the cards for tomorrow!

Checked all the important things like sat nav, Bluetooth, how to select reverse, car mats etc. thought they might have got the reg correct.

This happend to me yrs ago with a new astra... Nobody noticed till I got a parking ticket and forgot to pay it.

The local dealer got earache from the old guy who received it. Funnily garage said they needed to contact Swansea and redo the ref process. Until I pointed out the only thing wrong was the number plates on both cars.

So me and sales man went to it her guys house and swooped plates .

Funnily his car was white . And mine was red . So some.one on predelivery was colour blind

Hope yours is a easy fix

Guest mower man

Agood while ago I got a brand new car via a sales push by Fiat ,as amember of staff at a Fiat agency I got a new 127 for working saturday morning , the car was delivered ready plated etc ,great 10days passed andI found it had a different reg on the front to the one on tne back!! , fiat collected the car and delivered another ! mowerman

Similar happened to me, bought a one year old Jag xf from main dealers, took it in for a service 12 months later, gave them my reg but they couldn't find it on their system. When I went to pick it up they said it would be ready shortly they were just fitting new plates as they had put the wrong ones on when I bought it. Fortunately I had taxed and insured it off the documents so they were correct.