Millau Bridge

steve in stockport

cool literally just got back from the south of france. returned over the millau bridge on Sunday. There is a view point off the motorway if you haven't been before. Thinks it was 7-ish euros to cross.

The other awesome bit of fun was going through a tunnel that was about 5 miles long on the outskirts of paris. It was crazy long with junctions underground.

have fun

going through a tunnel that was about 5 miles long on the outskirts of paris

WAs that the low roof car only tunnel?

I ended up there without trying a few years back.....it cut a lot of time off the journey

but I havent found it again since.

yeah it was really weird cus it was only about 2x a standard car high but really wide. it was around versailles as we sat nav'd it and it took us around paris.

We also drove the coast road back to calais and that was a really nice road.

sadly in the GF's 206cc rather than the 2b as i'm having engine issues and couldn't risk taking it.

ahh think its on the A86 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A86_autoroute

Guest 2b cruising

That must be really great being able to do such journeys. Unfortunately, only just bought my 2b and running awful when it gets arm. Will definitely be out there next summer though.

Cold damp start to trip yesterday but set off and soon cleared the drizzle. Went south through Flers and Domfront then across through Alencon, Mamers and Nogent le Rotrou to Chateaudun and finally over the top of Orleans to overnight stop in St Jean de Braye.

Today saw me heading south in bright sunshine through la Ferte St Aubin, Salbris, Vierzon, Issoudun, La Chatre and Gueret before heading south east to Aubusson and on through the Monts Dome at the north east corner of the massif central and the Volcans d'Auvergne. After the twisties it was through the centre of Clermont Ferrand then a quick dash on the motorway to tonight's stop in Coudes.

300 miles tomorrow with Millau and the bridge as the turnaround point.

I was thinking about joining in but did not have en off holiday left as it was all mid week if it had been a sat start I could have made it

Shame

Al so jellous but will hear all about it soon, and no speed limiter in passenger seat heaven.

Stephen

We enjoyed our week on the Canal du Midi so much we have re=booked for next year.....

10 days on the Canal du Nivernais with family plus

2 days last week near Calais with the better half....then

2 weeks in July camping with the kitcars & like minded "Last of the summer winers"

I am getting to like retirement..

Been a long day today, just under 100 motorway miles from hotel to junction 40 on the A75 then headed down to Sainte Enimie. The cliff side road dropped from about 1000 metre with a low wall or no wall in places, tight hairpins and bends made all the more fun by loose gravel from recent resurfacing work.

From there through the Gorge du Tarn which is fast twisty, overhanging rocks and small tunnels all the way to Millau. Through the centre of Millau and out to the south west under the bridge to loop round and rejoin the A75 north, calling at the visitor centre under the bridge en route. Over the bridge and then a short motorway blast before heading northwest on fast national speed limit roads through Rodez, Decazeville, Figeac, Gramat and Martel before reaching tonights stop in Ussac just north of Brive la Gaillarde.

I think today has got to be the best driving day I've ever had in the 2B.

Edited by steve in stockport