Silicone Removing ? Manifold Stuck On Head

speedtripledan

Guest mower man

Studs out as above and 0.8 mig wire used like a cheese cutter , if you have a windscreen service localy they might let you have some of the wire used for taking bonded screens out HTH mick :crazy:

Guest Ian & Carole

Dan have you got any thin locking wire you could use like a cheese cutter, once you have taken the front stud out ?

Might just be enough to break the seal.

Must read through all post before sticking my ore in :rofl: :rofl:

Edited by Ian & Carole

Hi Dan, there is a Solvent that I bought from Screwfix that dissolves or softens Silicone I used it to remove a Number Plate on my wifes TinTop that I put on with Silicone as I do not like Drilling Holes in Metalwork. When we had to change the Plate I had the task of removing the Silcone Stuckon number plate. The Screwfix Stuff worked reasonably well but not instantaneous.

Hope you solve the problem.

Cheers Steve

Guest mower man

Dan have you got any thin locking wire you could use like a cheese cutter, once you have taken the front stud out ?

Might just be enough to break the seal.

Must read through all post before sticking my ore in :rofl: :rofl:

Yes :rofl: :clapping:

Guest chris brown

Hi Dan, there is a Solvent that I bought from Screwfix that dissolves or softens Silicone I used it to remove a Number Plate on my wifes TinTop that I put on with Silicone as I do not like Drilling Holes in Metalwork. When we had to change the Plate I had the task of removing the Silcone Stuckon number plate. The Screwfix Stuff worked reasonably well but not instantaneous.

Hope you solve the problem.

Cheers Steve

OK if it is silicone but it sounds like sika, tiger seal or similar which is a right bugger to do anything with. So good luck with the cheese wire mate.