Air Compressor

Thrashed

Hi guys.

My compressor has died and machine mart have sent me a vouchers code with 10% off so was thinking of investing in this new compressor

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/clarke-tiger-11250-2-5hp-24-litre-air-compres

Only really used for rachet, tyre inflator, odd bit of drilling and a windy gun.

What are people's thoughts?

Guest Ian Maycock

I have this air compressor. It has very little poof. It will inflate a tyre but is not suitable for much drilling or cutting. I would go for a large cylinder capacity if I were you. IMO

Yes, I got something similar - I think it was an aldi special around £50 I think.

They work, but for some jobs like drilling or grit blasting you find you get about 60 seconds of usable pressure, then you have to wait till pressure builds up to the cutout again. (That was sand blasting a gearbox in the greenhouse - took a while :) )

Machine mart are always doing VAT free vouchers for items over £50, so it's worth waiting for them to come around. It will save you more than 10%

Simon.

• Like 1