No Dipped Or Main Beam

deano266

• 4 weeks later...

You still haven't give much information for us to work with. There is no standard wiring. The little you do give in the post above can be read as follows.

You say 'I have power to the red lead, however the blue/red and blue /white do not'

You have a multimeter of some sort to have detected the power?

You have a red, blue/red and blue/white wire somewhere at the headlamp?

Those colours suggest that a Vicki Green Loom is fitted. Further there should be a black and a green/white lurking close by.

Functions.

1. Red - power to side lamp.

2. Blue/white - power from column switch to main beam

3. Blue/red - power from column switch to dip beam

4. Black - Earth into loom.

5. Green.White - Indicator power

As you can see from the above it's 2,3,4 that matter for your dip and main.

There are two different systems for the different age column switches. If your column switches have a square hazard switch button there are no relays and the fuse is in the fusebox (probably).

If your column switches have a round hazard button you have two relays and an extra 20A fuse which is not in the fuse box. These two relays and the fuse will be anywhere the original builder chose to put them so I can't help you find them.

If the left side main and dip are working the fuse and relays are OK. If the left side main and dip are not working then fuse first and then check relays but why would two relays 'break' at the same time.

Have a careful look at the information I give and it may help you work out some detail of what you have.

Nigel

Edited by Longboarder

• 2 weeks later...