Todays Dyno Run

Unfortunately todays dyno run was a wash out :sorry: We had to cut the run short due to ignition problems. It ran a few more hp than before at 5500rpm but was pinking badly, so russ quit the set up, before i ended up with a blown engine.

the weber alpha pi150 ignition was mapped for a standard zetec engine and is non-adjustable by the end user, so that was that. the advance was to high further up the rev range.

so now its megajolt time.. need a tps plug and i will wire it in and go back and see russ. there should be another 15 to 20 hp hiding in there hopefully...

The alpha is already removed, which is a very good quality ignition if unlike me you are happy with a standard engine...

Guest 2b cruising

Glad you had the sense to quit while ahead. Pistons burn out ever so quickly when to far advanced.

Hope it doesn't prove too expensive for you meaga jolt system.

I thought you ditched the wecon ecu a while ago once you found out it wasn't user configurable?

no. its a really good system if you leave the engine standard, now ive added the big cams it no use. Allready built tge megajolt loom up today just need the tps plug and crank sensor then i can fit it
  • Like 1