• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Battery Bill
Goodyear F1's

Good choice :lol: :lol:

But...

REMOULDS!!!!    should only be fitted to tractors in fields! They shouldn't even pass MOT

I do not agree with that :rolleyes: Aircraft and F1 cars all run on remoulds, the technology has improved since the old days :p :p

Guest TerryBarry

Don't Colway have something to do with a Porsche 924 Championship :huh:

Found this extract from the 2003 regulations

"Colway Retread 205 x 15 Tyres must be used on Compomotive one piece alloy wheels. As with all the other series run in the UK, all the cars must meet the appropriate RACMSA regulations to ensure the maximum safety for drivers and spectators."

There used to be a championship ( can't remember which) run on engines using re-cycled oil. Watched a number of rounds - never saw one engine let go :rolleyes:

They are a bit slippy in the wet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have come across some part used Continental Premium Contacts

195/50 R15. Are they any good?

Guest Fred2b

National Tyres and Quick Fit both have a special running at the moment. Brand new tyres ( possibly Korean or Chinese ) 4 for £80. I use them on my daily car and do 70 miles a day to work and back. They are ok for me.

Regards

Fred :p

Guest MikeD318
I have come across some part used Continental Premium Contacts

I wouldn't want to use part worn tyres as you don't know the history of what they've been put through before you've had them.

Guest salty_monk
Yes, you see them at the sides of the roads every day

Yep damn right :D

They supposedly are pretty good though, a lorry is going to put a hell of a lot of force through them...

That said... you wouldn't see me using remoulds on anything... so I guess that tells you my opinion! :lol:

Guest Andy Rathbone

i dont like remould either, i have uniroyal rallyes, £250 the set of 5 all in, brittania tyres ;) he handled the alloys like they where made of egg shells :wub:

remeber the tyres on your car are the only link between you and this earth.

be careful or the next stop could be hospital :o :o

your money, your choice, your neck ;)

Guest chris brown

I agree with Jim I know Colways are used a lot for racing but there is a lot of difference between a 30 mile race and general road use I am running on yokohama A539s and I think they are good, very soft and sticky but don't expect a million miles out of them (they are also cheap £30 each at the shows for 195/50.15). Unlike the Dunlop S2000s I started with definitely brown trouser jobs