Mounting Alternator 2.0 Pinto

Guest preeday

Guest preeday

Hi all, would appreciate some help??

Would any of you have any images of how you have mounted your alternator? I'm particularly interested in where the adjuster arm is mounted at the single hole side on the block?

Cheers

Phil

Mines fitted the same except that it does not have a nut and bolt, it has a bolt coming through the arm and into the tapped hole in the alternator flange. The arm was the standard Ford cranked (bent) item.

i used the original mounting but made a plate out of 5mm steel that moves it up by about 4 inches. Plate bolts to the block - mounting bolts to the plate. I then used the original arm to tension but can't remember if it is now using a different hole that happens to be on the head.

This moved my alternator up out of the way of my steering shaft.

Guest peter2b2002

i used the original mounting but made a plate out of 5mm steel that moves it up by about 4 inches. Plate bolts to the block - mounting bolts to the plate. I then used the original arm to tension but can't remember if it is now using a different hole that happens to be on the head.

This moved my alternator up out of the way of my steering shaft.

I did the same works OK

peter2b