Pulled A Connection Out C20Xe Engine

Guest A.B

Guest A.B

While trying to sort my lighting issue out I've managed to dislodge a connection and the car won't start.

I can see a Green with blue stripe cable has Lost connection.

It's run through the car with the blue with white stripe that goes to the starter and the black with red stripe that runs to the starter solenoid. The cables length is around a ft from the starter solenoid and has a push fit crimp on the end.

It's a c20xe engine.

If anyone could point me in the direction this should go back onto Id be very grateful as I can't seem to find it.

Guest A.B

I think green with blue trace should go to the oil pressure sender? I have a mocal oil cooler and the cable has been crimped to extend it... Would the sender will have been moved from its original position in that case?

Anyone confirm that's correct and that it should be connected with the blue with yellow trace at the oil pressure sender?

Just checked my motor and the original vauxhall wire tail from the oil pressure sender that I joined to the original Sierra loom is blue/green.

Adding a remote filter take off shouldn't affect the position of the pressure sender, it should still be at the back of the oil pump behind the filter head.

Don't get hung up on wire colours as the original builder could have used whatever was to hand. Get a meter and test for power with ignition on and off, continuity and also try to trace wires to their start and finish points.

Okay, I do not know this engine, but the point about the pressure sensor is still valid I think? An may be that the pulled wire only looks like it came from the other side.

Wires are strange things. You coil them neatly and put in a box only to find it's a rat's nest the following day - Weird :)

Simon.

Tell us lots more info. Carbs or fuel injection? Ignition system?

What way won't it start? Does it turn over? Rapidly? Does it sound like its turning over fine but shows no sign of life? Does it nearly start and cough and give a few pops and a bit of smoke? Does it run for a couple of seconds and die?

Oil pressure sender might need to talk to ecu to confirm engine running for the fuel pumps to run. (Mine does!)

Why would the oil sender be somewhere different with a cooler. It is still measuring oil pressure in the engine and its original position remains the best place.

Nigel

It was the oil pressure sender cable but its not the reason it won't start.

I've got a lot of respect for you guys who've built & maintained these cars as I only bought one to get back on the road and enjoy for a year or so... its a lot harder than i initially thought, a year has gone by now since I purchased it and I've ticked a lot of things off my to do list.

Having spent a couple of weekend testing and re testing the light fault and now the engine won't start... I'm just a bit gutted!

Ah well there's always next weekend!