Don't Push This Button...

agent_zed

Yes, that does seem strange.

But how would you install extra fire alarm wiring into an extension say as you are not allowed to do "live" wiring normally?

This is only meant to isolate the system until the modifications have been made and then turned on again. That's all it's for.

Now, if there WAS a fire and the alarm failed and was found to be in the OFF position, then the authorised key holder will in deep doo doo ... :)

Simon.

Just as well that type of switch is installed --- it was the only way we could stop our shop burglar alarm when it went faulty. 120 db siren in the shop wasn't tolerated for many minutes.

i can see they are essential for maintenance etc it just one of those little quirks that amused me as it seemed like an oxymoron. if you don't want it turned off don't provide the option.

Guess it would better than if i made them and had

'do not switch off'

and then in brackets

'(unless you really need to in which case there is an option switch just here ->)'

But then the switch would probably need to be bigger to get it all on :)

next amusing thought.... anyone used a smoke grenade as an intruder deterrent for the garage?? i'm thinking they can't rob what they can't see :crazy:

interesting i guess though even if you didn't fill the garage with smoke could just set it off outside and have a big plume of bright pink smoke to draw attention. I think people ignore alarms too much. Besides if they are in my garage and i caught them i would probably be responsible for their injuries either way ;)

How about an alarm linked to a Disco ball and strobe lights and 150db of Judas priest 'breaking the law' ?