Oil Sump On 2Ltr Dohc

Guest jelleyhead

Just to be contrary I wound up the front suspension on my Superspec about 1" and that cured the problem. I have no doubt the handling was affected, but as I have only ever driven my Superspec I don't know what the handling is supposed to be like :) It still goes around corners OK, I have done 4000 miles since and there is no appreciable tyre wear and I have been up to 8o mph and there was no tendency to wander. A damn sight easier than trying to lift the engine as there is zero clearance under the bonnet.

See http://the-superspec...ustment_10.html for all the details

I did fit a sump guard as well, (made from the original boot cover) and have kissed the ground a couple of times in the last year but nothing major. See http://the-superspec...sump-guard.html for that one.

Works for me :)

Edited by alanrichey

Guest jelleyhead

Thanks everybody for your advice/help we have a bloke that comes in to my work to do welding jobs so think i will be asking him if he can do my sump thanks again

If you are running the Rover 2litre engine in your SuperSpec, you can directly fit the Rover 220 alloy sump (don't forget the oil pick-up).

The 220 sump & pick-up are a direct fit and will give you about 2" additional clearance.

It's another option if you can get a 220 sump & pickup of course!

Guest jelleyhead

Hi am running a ford 2ltr dohc from a sapphire thanks for the advice i was thinking of a engine swap to a zetec But cost has put me off at the moment i stick with what i have