Starting

jaimo

thought i would try sorting this problem

when i installed to weber 32/36 found the standard sierra regulator was failing so removed

when left unstarted for a few days takes a bit of turning over to start its as though having to drag fuel all way from tank

once started will be fine all day even if left for a while cold or hot will start straight away

i have a tank return fitted could this be prob or the regulator or somethig else

Guest 2b cruising

If you are using a standard pump, the suction valve is supposed to seal and stop the backflow of the fluid.

Even a tiny bit of dirt on the seat can stop this from happening.

Not sure if you can remove your valves as on later models of mechanical pumps,the were none serviceable.

If you remove the pump and work it by hand, you will here it sucking and blowing.

If you cover the blow or outlet hole and seal with your finger, you might be able to get the pressure coming back through the inlet.

If you have to change pumps I don't think they are expensive, but try stopping it first to clean the spring closing valves.

Both are the same just one fitted the opposite way to the other.

If you look carefully down the pipe hole, you may be able to see the, or even clear any debris with tweeters.

Long time passed since I worked on one of them.

HTH Ken.

I just fitted an extra electric pump.

I use the mechanical to run the car and the electric to prime the carb.

I have a T in the fuel line both before the pumps and after the pumps so that either can pump at any time.

I have a push button electric switch to only run the electric pump when I want it to prime.

• Like 1