Superspec Rear Shocker Lower Rubber Bushes

alanrichey

As per title, my Superspc had an MOT advisory on one of the rubber bushes at the bottom of the shock absorber where it goes through the trailing arm (I think that is what it is called?). I assume this is a pretty standard part ? I checked out E-Bay, GBS and CBS but nothing leapt of the page for me.

Could someone point me in the right direction ?

Al

Edited by alanrichey

Guest 2b cruising

I've only ever been able to get them as part of a suspension mount replacement kit.

In my younger days you could buy seperate but not seen any for ages.

Maybe searching for sAbs bushes on the old eBay Al.

Wish I'd used a bit of grey matter when you came up to see me

You could have taken the shocks as well

Replaced mine a few years ago

I'll take you up on that if I may. No rush, as it was only an advisory, but will have to go to Sheffield hospital sometime in the next couple of months, so could drop by. So if you could put them somewhere safe.... (and the ECU if you can find it :) )

Thank yet again

Al

• 3 weeks later...

OK, further news on this. This is what the bushes actually look like (2 per shocker either side of the trailing arm)

Image3_zpsbxz4pfoi.jpg

Now, I was unable to source any, although I shall take one to the next AutoJumble/Car Show to see if I can match it. But as a very good interim (possibly permanent) solution I found some Land Rover bushes on E-Bay (Item 360636600990) for £2.99 that were very close.

Image1_zps5ekknnmv.jpg

Interestingly, although this was just an MOT advisory, when I took the bushes off I found that the lower one was a bit ropey, as expected, but the top one (which you cannot see until the shocker is removed) was actually missing. No sign of it. So either it had totally disintegrated or heaven forbid, it had never been fitted in the first place ?

Al

Later: Now have 4 new bushes thanks to the generosity of Jeremy Richardson, who gave me his old shock absorbers. I love this Club !!