Meetings & Runs ?

fry61

Hi all, have been away for most of the past 5/6 weeks & so have not made any arrangements for us to get together.

The situation doesn't improve for the rest of September either ( lucky us ) so the next Hants & Dorset meet will be in October.

ANY IDEAS ???

We have been absent from the Dorset area for far too long --- is any-one down that way who would like to suggest a venue for a Sunday?

By popular request we are looking at arranging a visit to a gin distillery & this will probably be in November.

One other idea is for an early evening/night visit to the Hawk Conservancy to witness the owls in flight.

And then it will be CHRISTMAS ----- shall we have our annual bird & all the trimmings before or after the year end?

Need to know your thoughts good people, put your 2 pennies worth below & we'll start the ball rolling.

Open to all , not just my crew in sunny Hampshire & Dorset.

Guest Howtightpet

Hi Bob

Just seen your post we have only just returned back after weeks away in the sun to this very wet UK.

We will look at our diaries see what's possible.

Hope your both well and your trip went well

Alan lynn

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris, you're right!! We left the Barleycorn after several years ( 4/5 ?? it was used before my time as Sec ) due to the staff not even knowing Rhocar came every month & we were promised a warmer welcome else-where.

We now try to vary our meeting times & places so all Hants & Dorset crew ( plus adjacent counties) can offer up ideas.

The area is over 100 miles across from south-west to north-east so I try to make arrangements to suit the members which reply to my posts ( as detailed at top)

Chris, suggest somewhere a little further towards the centre of the area & I'll post it as October's meeting place -- just state time,date & place, it's the members that make meetings happen so they can shout for any arrangements & we'll see what response is forth-coming.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a good meal with great company, thanks guys & girls.

We have decided the Christmas meal will be on Sunday December 13th -- venue to be announced.

If you wish to attend & have ideas of a brilliant venue please shout & we will investigate.

As usual invite is to all members, not just our Southern Crew.

Please make your thoughts known ASAP as booking tables for Xmas dinners is probably getting tight.

Will start a new post for this event later in the week.