Near Miss

Andi

Yes, whose insurance would be paying up? That's another good point. I don't have a problem with my insurance paying - supposing it's someone else's fault - but in your case it shouldn't be you left with the black mark and increased premiums because you're the one who bothered with insurance. This is my understanding of how it operates which is not right.

Edited by GambolGold

I agree I think ALL road users should have 3rd party insurance at the very least but must mention that my Mrs had an incident where an idiot in a skip lorry thought it ok to to keep charging towards her on a horse at a silly speed with chains flailing everywhere and was surprised the horse took exception! Thankfully the Mrs was ok horse suffered some nasty lacerations to his legs. Big vets bill yes covered by insurance black mark against policy increased premium the following year, so it does work both ways. Unfortunately there are people in all worlds that don't think about the dangers their actions may cause and I for one have certainly been guilty of this behind the wheel of a motor car.