Wiper Arms

deano266

i originally did what IanS has done but a couple of years ago i decided to make short 'blade' type wipers out of cut down big ones. So i could use the original fittings i re-welded the U shape on the end of the cut down sierra arm, so they now work like normal with the clips that slide in.

I used big blade wipers but i've seen on some cars (i know the bmw 1 series has them) they have smaller/thinner blade type wipers which could be a better solution.

if you have an old blade type wiper you could have a play. I slipped the wiper blade out - cut the metal bits down to the length i needed - ground a couple of grooves into the metal bit to hold the end caps (copy what is on the end) - slipped in the wiper blade - end caps on and you are sorted.

I've made a spare so that if it breaks whilst out i can just replace. Easier with the U fitting as they clip on/off rather than having to screw/unscrew as before.

They look good and work pretty well too.

hth