Fiesta St Duratec Engine

Snapperpaul

I had a plan to buy a BMW

I have not managed to track down a car with the precise combination of spec I want.

The kit car is hibernating

The Mondeo needs an egr cooler

The Holf is blowing a manifold gasket and I'm fed up with spending all my spare time ( to the detriment of my house) on cars.

So I bought a very well presented high mileage Fiesta ST 150 for a couple of grand as s stop gap.

Wow what a great little toy, it's fitted with cheap ditch seekers but the Duratec engine is a jem, gearbox helps as it's quite close ration with a low diff but the engine revs up quickly pulls well and from 4K to peak bhp 6k wow.

That's my next transplant once I've fuel injected the pinto with the teasingly bought bike throttle bodies

• Like 2

The first time I ever saw one of those it had just been in an accident. A boy racer in a peugot had pulled out in front of it and been t boned. Not a big impact, definitely repairable and probably drivable to get it home but the driver was complaining of neck pain and the ambulance man said I want the roof off. We duly obliged and in a short time it was a convertible. It was TEN days old!

Guest 2b cruising

Now that would have been a good engine to have.

The treatment you gave his car is well justifiable.

If he was truly injured it had to be done.

If a scam, I bet he will think twice next time. LoL