Cartel Fog Gizmo Quick Question

Guest mcramsay

Guest mcramsay

Having a blonde moment perhaps, trying to wire in the cartek fog control unit to my savage switch and I'm getting confused the wiring for the switch is as shown below

6AE5A5B6-541C-4217-9DA4-E653819E0D70_zps

On the savage diagram the contacts are

1- 12v input

2- switched output

3- normally closed contact opens when switch pressed

The diagram shows the yellow switch+ going to pin 3... Do I still need to supply headlight power to pin 1 on the switch?

Or should the yellow switch+ go to pin 1? And provide an output to pin 2 when switched?

I'd say black onto 1 yellow on 3, 2 to the rear fog.

If it works the wrong way round swap wire 1 and 3.

loop from 2 to Led terminals is to provide warning light, you will require earth on the other led terminal.

had a look at the carteck web site, bit naughty, marketing it as an IVA requirement.

Guest mcramsay

It turns out the numbering in their diagram is back to front with what is on the switch, so in actual fact what they show as pin 3 is actually pin one. Which should supply power to pin 2 (the fog light) when switched, as long as power is coming from the dipped/main beam... I'm guessing that is how the gizmo works

I used one last year for IVA and passed with no problems, he did say he was surprised that it worked because it was the first kit car that he has not failed for fog lights not working correctly. It was much easier than fitting two relays and extra wiring especially as I more or less finished the car.