New Dash And Dials

Del1968

Guest 2b cruising

If electronic, you will need a pulse sensor on your prop if you haven't got one already in the gearbox.

MT 75 has one but very few type 9 boxes were converted.

Edited by 2b cruising

Well the gauges come this morning had a look at instructions well I read the title lol they are electronic every thing comes with new sensors but looking at them I ain't got a clue where to start so when the time comes for me to start my new dash I might be calling on any one local to me to give me a hand if they don't mind

Guest 2b cruising

If they are labelled or in the corresponding boxes it won't be too difficult.

Oil pressure sensor easy to find. Coolant temp etc

All labeled but where to start think the car has the old wiring loom from when it was built as it still got the crap Sierra dials only way to find out is to pull old dash out and start to make a new one

Most of the wires you need will be already there going to the sierra dash and warning lights. Just about the only additions you will need will be for the speedo. Your sierra speedo is mechanical and the new one will be electronic.

Don't be in a hurry to dispose of the sierra dash. Remove it carefully. It should have the original ford plug on it. You can easily work out and label each wire, preparatory to swapping over, just by following the plastic printed circuit on the back of the sierra dash. You can post good pics. There are only a few variations.

Nigel

Right i have got my dials now and ordered some nice new leatherette for when i make the dash at the old dash thats there looks like stsinless plate with cutouts for the old dials now i know i will have to cut away the stainless but leave tge edges so i can secure the new dash to which kind soul would like to wire the new dials in for me or give me a hand more thsn willing to pay someone for their time and knowledge cause its all beyond me as magnets need glueing to the prop bolts and a sensor fitting for the speedo