Wide Band Lambda

Guest lotusPaul

Guest lotusPaul

Guys,

For anyone wanting a bit more control over fuelling, or just to help set up engines on fuel injected engines,

I have just received my new wide band 02 unit from Emerald. Now I just have to wire it up and get testing it.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Guest lotusPaul

I'll post up in a bit and try and post the instructions too.

It's not that exciting really tho,a senser, cableing and a set of instructions. But it is the newer Bosch senser.

For any stand alone system able to run closed loop it should be fine.

Is this their own controller, or are you talking about just the sensor itself? Can't see it on their website...

edit: Ah ok, you answered. Nothing special about the Lambda sensor itself; the interesting thing is the controller. What controller is it?

Edited by brumster

Guest lotusPaul

Ok..so I know about engines, but I am a PC mong.

I can't post a link or add pics..I need "electronics for dummies"

So the system is called, 14point7, It comes from tother side of pond.

All I have is what's mentioned above. Leoni has only just got them in and mines one of the first to a customer. It's nowt special as far as it goes but as my k3 can only read a narrow band directly, I needed a system with a controller to act as the middle man, so to speak.

I was never happy with lc1/lc2 controllers personally, so I'm trying this system.

As soon as I can it will get fitted to my lotus twincam and hopefully sort out some rich running issues on warm up.

My theory is to sort out the "complete" electronic package and get it working well, then rip out the twincam and replace with one of my spare silvertop zetecs,

If you look at the 14.7 site it has other electronic packages too like a virtual dash reader.I don't have that but it looks functastic.

Oh, I bet it took ages to think of the name too.

Guest lotusPaul

I may well do tractor,bit busy with leaving Forces at minute tho, but I did think of putting in an ST lump too.how's yours singing?

Guest lotusPaul

It would be good to see a comparison of dyno read outs between yours and a non vvt zetec. Id expect yours to have a broader torque curve against either a blacktop or silvertop zetec, with peak torque holding a wider rev range.