Gearbox

richard mackay

Guest salty_monk

Pretty sure it's slightly further back too as I was reading up on it in the Haynes manual the other day, you should be able to work it out from the pics therein if you have one :) (Sorry don't have mine local)

I'm also iterested in this as I think it's the biggest downside to my S7. I'm selling the car but if it's a relatively easy job I'd do this for the added value.

Other points to consider - Is the box overall a different length and what is the fitting on the output shaft i.e. do we need a new prop-shaft. What is the drive ratio for the speedo or or do we need a new one of those too.

If anyone has done it I'd be interested in the answers too (even if they are just info for the new owner).

Iain

The input shafts are different dia's, the output for the propshast are different dia's, (as Mat says) and the mounting bracket is about 5" different to the 5 speed (not sure if it's forwards or backwards)

Ian, I have a 4 speed here if you want to compare.