Not Starting !

Guest Kenturner

Guest Kenturner

Hi, need some help if possible ? - iv just replaced the spark plugs, HT Leads, dist. Cap & coil on 1.6 Pinto, now it won't start, there is a spark at every plug but won't fire, I was careful to change the leads one at a time etc but now I'm stuck, any ideas anyone ?

You could try putting the original items back on starting with the coil, then cap then the HT lead from coil to distibutor to see if any of these sorts the problem. You havn't mentioned the rotor arm, has this got a good contact in the cap.Thats the trouble when you change lots in one go you don't know what causes the problem

Guest Kenturner

I'll give it another go tomorrow with a fresh pair of eyes, I never thought about changing plugs first then firing it, then leads & firing it etc... Oh well you live & learn

Check firing order again. 1,3,4,2. 1 is usually at about 4oclock if you were sitting on the front left wheel and rotation is clockwise looking down on the cap. Take off the cap and check the tiny sprung central electrode is present.

Nigel

Guest Kenturner

Problem sorted now, started again and redone everything from the Coil up, it's now away for engine tuning and carbs setting up, thanks for the offer of help though Alan !