1.8 Engine For A 2008 Ford Galaxy Ghia Tdci

alanh65

A very good evening all ... (A polite Dixon of Dock Green welcome!)

My daughter/son-in-law, have between them driven their Galaxy into the ground!

Unfortunately, their combined incomes have precluded them from having their car serviced regularly ... BAD DECISION ...and the only time it sees a garage is MOT time and the like of now - when things go wrong!

They (I) have just paid a bill of £2000 to have the car MOT'd and have the turbo replaced, front discs and pads and rear pads all replaced and gearbox mountings changed.

As they drove to work the following morning ... the cambelt broke and the resultant damage to the engine means a replacement is now required! Either that or sell the car and loose the 2K just spent.

So, before a final decision is made ... does anyone happen to have an engine for this particular vehicle 'lying around' !!!

I know, I know ... but if you don't ask ...

They were due to shoot off to Paris in about 10 days ... looks as though they may be borrowing 'daddie's' car ... again ... to get them out of trouble! If that happens, I just hope that they don't finish mine off too!

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Alan