Bike Carb

Guest DAVE1954

Hi sniffy Smiffy, are you going to take the weekend off in a couple of weeks time. Bob and Silvies BBQ seems to be building into quite a good crowd and it should be something quite entertaining and enjoyable.

Bob. Hope you don't mind me mentioning this to other people.

Kenneff.

No problem Ken, Mo & I have started on the arrangements already -- bring your best DIY brains --- I need some old/worn tennis balls if any guests can supply.

yeah but half the fun is solving the probs yourself not just following the leader

Exactly Chris, it's the best thing about our cars -- they are what you want/can afford/can build. Classics are great apart from the rivet counters -- ( that type of relay/coil/headlamp was not used on this model 'til a year later, so its WRONG)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mdav1970

Mines a 2.0 pinto and i recently fitted a set of cbr600 carbs from a local motor bike breakers £70.00 and they where as clean as whistle inside. A danST engineering manifold off ebay to match the carbs was £200, i would say it goes like a rocket compared with the weber 32/36. Idles lovely and revs like a dream. Pulls off quicker than any other car sat at the lights. it does lack top end speed, but hey how fast do you really want to go in a tin box. :glare: sometimes its about the great sound, lovely cornering and looks rather than racing someone to 100.

The other thing with the pinto, yeah it may be a big old lump of old tech, but sometimes that's a good thing, less to go wrong if your into DIYing with your car.