What Shockss

Guest Sim70

IIRC the Phaeton has a solid rear axle, so the springs are being compressed vertically at 1:1, so 190 springs

will be fine.

The Sierra A arms at the rear of a hood mean about 2:1 leverage on the coilovers, so 300 isnt so far off,

& is borne out by actual spring rates being used on Hoods.

I know that Dampertech & Rally Design are happy to swap springs if you get it wrong.

i didn't know that the RH leverage ratio was at about 2-1......but then i did qualify my statement.

springs really do make a big difference to the cars performance, and getting it right is a bit of a dark art......it is worth taking advise about them. at 2-1 i would have guessed that 300lb should be fine......perhaps its closer to 2.1-2.2 to 1

Guest mower man

Most Hoods are too firmly sprung but you have to take into account the angle the damper works at ,my mono car with inboard suspension was frightenly hard with 180 lb/inch srings dropped them 120 marvellous but dampers were vertical,there is a formula in one of the books I have by Allan Staniforth. mick