Anti Fraud Email

Peter Bell

Guest captn Pugwash

Got one myself tonight, not got an account neither, thought the wife must have been stashing money, asked her and no such luck.

so BEWARE

Dave

Guest Battery Bill

Peter

I had something similar a while back "Citibank" website has a section where it asks you to forward these messages so they can hopefully catch the vermin doing it :D

I got a phone call the other week, "this is Barclaycard, we would like to just do a security check"

" Go away! (or words to that effect) we don't do security checks over the phone" and put the receiver down. Thinking, I've not got an account with Barclaycard, neither has Mutley, must certainly have been one of those scams. Anyway they got a flee in their ear.

Mutley comes home from work, I tell him about said phone call to warn him. He then picks up the phone & dials Barclaycard..............Yes! you've guessed it! :o he does have an account with them (just for buying PC bits with) and yes, they were checking up, because he'd just spent a lump of lolly on PC parts.

They were very understanding, and said "well at least you'll never get ripped off with a scam!"

:D :D

I once topped up a 'pay as you go' mobile...and it triggered something at BarclayCard causing them to call me to do a check...I was suspicious when he said he was Barclaycard security :)

Dave

Edited by daveg

I have had a thing with Barcalycard were I went out and got some thing with it (can't remember what it was some time a go now) Got home, for Barcalycard to phone me up 20 minutes later saying I was trying to buy airline tickets in New York to fly to LA. :blink: :wacko: :wacko: I was at home in Camberley at the time.

They say it a small world but that stupid :lol: :lol:

Got it sorted out in the end. ;)

I have a tendancy to forward the original to the company it purports to be from and then fill it out with legitimate LOOKING info and send it back to the originator from an e-mail address I keep for spam. If they actually get any money from their fishing then they should be forced to do at least some work for it even if it's just working out that what I sent them is rubbish and you never know how stupid they are - hopefully they'll get caught some day trying to use my dodgy info.

Iain