Type 9 Gear Shifts

speedtripledan

As one of my many winter upgrades, I decided to buy a rose jointed quick shift gear lever from Matt lewis racing, to replace the standard cut down sierra one. It improved the shifts nicely but still had a little slop so I just fitted a brass gearstick saddle from bearing kits, I now have a gear shift with no play at all. Great cheap little mod. The other thing I have gone away from is short little gearsticks back to full height with a bit of weight on the end it makes the shifts so much easier and as a result of easier quicker....

• Like 1

Guest Jomeo69

OOO.

Ive been looking for this sort of thing for a while and couldn't find anything.

Do you have a link or any further information?

Many Thanks

joe

• 2 weeks later...

As one of my many winter upgrades, I decided to buy a rose jointed quick shift gear lever from Matt lewis racing, to replace the standard cut down sierra one. It improved the shifts nicely but still had a little slop so I just fitted a brass gearstick saddle from bearing kits, I now have a gear shift with no play at all. Great cheap little mod. The other thing I have gone away from is short little gearsticks back to full height with a bit of weight on the end it makes the shifts so much easier and as a result of easier quicker....

Dan the listing for the quickshift makes reference to having to keep packing the rose joint with grease to prevent noise and 'buzz' from the box - sounds like a bit of a faff but have you encountered this at all? I would go with a heavy duty plastic saddle rather than brass to counter this