Newbie Help

Guest Howleybar

Guest Howleybar

Hi, I'm Chris and completely new to the world of kit cars, I must confess to have no mechanical knowledge but am looking at buying a pre built kit. Have you kind folk got any advice that I should take into purchasing a car, I have seen a nice exmo robin hood for sale in Norwich and wondered what opinion was on this model, sorry if the question is a little amateurish but I really am very wet behind the ears. I live near Bakewell in Derbyshire and if there is anybody localish who would be willing to share a bit of knowledge I would be eternally grateful

Many thanks

Chris

Hi Chris,

I'm in Ripley just down the road from you and I have an exmo. You're more than welcome to pop round for a chat and a look around the car.

Also, there is the national kit car show at Stoneleigh this Sunday and Monday - this is the best opportunity you'll get to look at all the different cars, talk to the owners etc.....I would highly recommend going

Welcome to the club, there is no such thing as a amateurish question. We all had to start somewhere. There is a a lot on here about Exmos just put it in the search bar and read away.

Andy

Guest Howleybar

Thanks for your replies, the show sounds great but unfortunately I work for the ambulance service and am on shift this weekend. The offer for a look at your car and a chat is very gratefully received

Thank you

Chris

Guest Howleybar

Hi, things moving quicker than anticipated, I've had an offer accepted on a car on eBay, would anybody be kind enough to have a quick look at the advert and give an opinion, the car could benefit from a boot cover, is this an expensive addition to have fitted and who could I take it too, also as stated the front wheel arch is slightly out of line, again is this a difficult job to correct. Sorry again for the simple questions a link for the car is

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/282440759415

Thank you all again in anticipation of your time

Chris

If you have no mechanical knowledge have you considered buying one already registered and adapting it to your needs? It may be that if you buy a partly finished one and struggle with getting it done you may end up losing interest and end up selling it, after all ask yourself why a partly finished one is up for sale. Lots of cars come up for sale as unfinished projects. Nothing wrong with the cars though, go and look at Richards there won't be much he can't tell about them. If you buy a finished car you could drive it the next time you are off shift and mend it the next time. Just kidding. Keep us updated.

Guest Howleybar

Hi, thanks for the replies, the car in the eBay ad is fully finished and will come with 12mnths mot. There are a couple of small additions needed as stated but nothing to stop it being used and enjoyed as I understand. I am just interested in cost and time implications for the points stated, hope this makes sense

Thanks again

Chris

Guest Howleybar

Just realised the stoneleigh show is on Monday and I'm off, looks like the kids will have to wait to watch guardians of the galaxy. Will any of you on the forum be there for a chat, do cars get sold at the show

Many thanks

Chris

There will be loads of us there we have a club stand come over for a chat always welcome.. There is always cars for sale

Edited by whiz

Guest Howleybar

Thank you all for the help and advice, we'll see you there. Just out of interest here is a link to the car I've seen in Norwich, it looks nice and is running a 2.0 pinto but very little information available. Has anyone any info on the car or a general opinion

http://www.norwichcarcentre.co.uk/used-robin%20hood-unspecified-norwhich-norfolk-1160364

Thanks again

Chris

Edited by Howleybar