Vw Golf Plus

stevedohc2b

Hi sons Golf Plus 2007 reg

The talegate wont open took the conector off switch put in lock postion and touched the contacts and it will unlock tested the micro switch and seams ok on meter but will not open lock.

also when starting car it releases the hatch some times dash warning hatch open needs a shove to re catch.

The key fob wont releasw the hatch as well

He has had the pasenger door not unlock as well

beforere replacing any bits any idears ?

is there a body computer can this be tested acessed through a laptop ?

stephen

Having four VAG cars in the family I bit the bullet and bought a VCDS from RossTech several years ago. Does almost as much as the VAG own diagnostics and has a huge support forum. Expensive but has saved me its cost several times over.

There are four microswitches in each door lock and one of them is a regular failure/weakness. You go from a door which sometimes won't unlock to a door which stays deadlocked and it's very difficult to sort. Change the rear door lock now. Don't wait! It's a serious pain to do at the best of times without the added complication of not being able to open the door. And don't use the deadlock feature by doing two presses on the remote.

Boot catches I don't know. Never done one. Plenty of replacements on ebay.

All controlled from the convenience module which is a separate ECU and is seldom at fault.

If I were you I would buy new boot and door lock on ebay today and fit them ASAP.

VCDS from UK seller Gendan at £225. https://www.gendan.co.uk/vcds-hex-usb-can.php?gclid=CPzfyJ7w0NMCFde6GwodTNIKkQ

Nigel

Edited by Longboarder