2B Sliding Pillar King Pins

Guest ConnorW

Guest ConnorW

Hi all,

I need to get replacement king pins for my sliding pillar 2b. I have only just purchased the car recently. There is a lot of free play currently so I believe it is this. Attached is a photograph of the setup. I believe it's the sliding pillar system. 

Screenshot_20190108-224653.jpg

Hi Conner you are right it is the sliding pillar set up.

I am sorry to say but your picture is not showing me how the shaft is being secured at the top and bottom to the frame of the chassis.

My car is also a sliding pillar but I have made many mods to the setup to secure the shaft.

The shaft (king pin) as your description was from the front Sierra strut of the car.

Would it be possible to clean off the dirt from around the bottom mounting also a better pictures of both top and bottom mountings so that I can ex-plane more clearly for you,

The shaft needs to be very securely mounted top and bottom then any play would only be from the bushes that slide up and down the shaft of the pillar.

These can be re-bushed by an engineering company if you do not have the machining use yourself.

I have pictures of my setup but will have to down size them to post on here. 

I have attached 2 pictures for you to look at. 

Regards

Martin 

20170907_164140.jpg

20170907_164119.jpg

Edited by maca
typing error

Maca,

I'm looking to convert my "B from Sliding Pillar to Wishbones.

The 2B has never been completed and is a 2nd adoption kit so are likely to be generally as new.

If you want the bits free let me know.

I'm in Highbridge Somerset and just need the inspiration / never to attack the beast with the grinder

Wilksy

7 hours ago, Wilksy said:

Maca,

I'm looking to convert my "B from Sliding Pillar to Wishbones.

The 2B has never been completed and is a 2nd adoption kit so are likely to be generally as new.

If you want the bits free let me know.

I'm in Highbridge Somerset and just need the inspiration / never to attack the beast with the grinder

Wilksy

Hi John 

Not quite shure what you are so kindly offering as regards to the  2nd adoption kit.

Have you any pictures of the kit and why you would now wish to not use them for you car?.

As I read in another of your posts that you were going to change yours over to wishbones.

Regards Martin

Guest ConnorW
On 1/14/2019 at 3:34 PM, maca said:

Hi Connor I have found a few more pictures for you to look at as mine was and the parts I had made to secure the shaft top and bottom.

Hope these pictures will help you of how I did mine.

Martin

Steering_Top_Mounting.jpg

Steering_Bottom_Mounting.jpg

DSCF0200.JPG

DSCF0201.JPG

DSCF0203.JPG

DSCF0206.JPG

DSCF0207.JPG

DSCF0208_Bottom_Mounting_Front_Suspension.JPG

DSCF0209_Top_Mounting_Front_Suspension.JPG

This is actually very helpful I have ordered some that I think may fit but this seems to be more reassuring thanks