Info Needed

Guest cjbailey

hi chris,

just had a couple of thoughts about the insurance problem.

would it be possible to get someone else as tjhe main driver of the hood once its built? If its someone of an "ahem" responsible driving age then that could ratchet the premiums down a bit, and at the same time you could be racking up a no claims bonus in a sensible tin top until the hoods roaring down the road! also, how about setting a really tight limited mileage? I would have thought that a limit of a thousand miles should reduce the price a bit, and who's going to check if you do a couple of miles over it in a year?

best of luck, and welcome to the gang!

paul :ph34r:

I think you need to be careful with insurance - if you are a bit 'economical with the truth' you will find your insurance isn't worth the paper it's printed on. If all you want it for is to get the tax disc that's fine but if you have an incident and you're not insured you'll be in the poo, and obviously if you make a claim it'll be looked at very closely. I have a limited mileage policy and I have to tell them the mileage at each renewal. If it were to be over the stated figure when you had a prang I guess you'd be up the proverbial creek.

Guest cjbailey

Unfortunately I was hoping that I would be able to drive it third party (with my dad insured on the hood), but my current insurers (about half the price of anyone else) won't let me do that!

I have a '94 Laguna (don't laugh) at the moment (1800) and should have a few years no claims (just coming up to one now) by the time the hood is on the road!