What distributor do I need

Guest Ben clifton

Guest Ben clifton

As title says, I think I have come to the correct conclusion that I have the wrong dizzy in my car for what I need. My car is a 2.0 pinto, with stage 3 button power head(so I've been told) and also has twin Weber 45s.

So I have figured out that I have the Sierra 2.0 efi dizzy, it has a black plug on the side with 3 connectors and also a single connector round the side, the part number off it is 0237520003.

Can anybody point me in the right direction of a dizzy that's suitable for what my car will be running.

Many thanks for any help and sorry for all the questions.

Tuned pinto needing a more reliable electronic spark. The aftermarket choices must be powerspark or accuspark both of whom can supply a distributor for about £100. You can tell them current/future mods to the engine so they can provide the ideal advance curve built in. They may specify an ideal coil as well. Very simple to fit and reliable.

Only an ECU controlled 'non distributor' ignition system with mappable spark tables will do better such as megajolt from someone like Trigger-wheels but more expensive of course and will need mapping on a rolling road for perfection.

Edited by Longboarder