• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By raeautos
      Check on preloved website
      http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/119139907/robin-hood-kitcar-track-day-car-with-car-trailerono.html?ref=advert-
    • By kgnoble
      Well it failed!   
      Full story is in the blog, but the majority of stuff was very minor, a loose screw here, a missing grommet there.  Most important was that he spotted a very small leak in the master cylinder - I will replace that very shortly.  There was also an issue with the (MotaLita type) steering wheel which has too many holes and too much wood.  Otherwise, side repeaters apparently necessary, and the rear foglamp/reversing light combo needing a shim to make it present the light horizontally on a sloping surface.
      What was obvious was that a neatly presented car immediately gets the examiner on your side.  I suspect he erred on the generous when assessing seat heights, headrests, two speed wiper speeds, headlamps and quite a lot else.  He was very happy to chat and was pleased to see that I obviously had worked through the IVA manual.
      So - another month to fix the items, a retest and I should be away.
      Thank to you all for your comments and support - it has been incredibly helpful and generous.
      Cheers

Keith
      www.cageyenne.co.uk/wp

• By GCash
      Hello

I have just about finished my Robin Hood but there seems to be a problem with the idle. After a couple of minutes it starts going lumpy and cuts out. It keeps cutting out if I don't hold the throttle open slightly.

It is a 2.0l Pinto with a Weber 30/34 DFTH. I noticed there is a pipe coming from the carb that looks like a breather (black and red). The problem stopped when I sealed the end of this pipe. This may be a stupid question but, does anyone know what it is for? Is it originally from the air cleaner?

Thanks
      Graeme

• By GCash
      Hello

I am coming to the end of the build of my Robin Hood 2B and I am just in the process of fitting the windscreen. I have read numerous threads and the IVA manual and just want to confirm a couple of things.

These are the markings on my windscreen...

Am I correct in thinking that this won't get through the IVA because of the missing Roman numerals above the E?

If I remove the windscreen, wipers, heater and washers and get it through the IVA would it be a bad idea to fit it anyway because it would be too dangerous?

Thanks
      Graeme