Barkston

Guest Battery Bill

Guest Battery Bill

What a couple of days Joey was first to have a drive round when we arrived an hour before everyone else :wub:

Loads of fun car went great until a misfire slowed us near the end but what a baptism of fire it got :lol: :lol:

Here is thew first pic of poor old Daves car after we took it home, he is really gutted because his time was the longest of the day :lol: :lol: :lol:

Right Im getting my chinky :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks to all including the RAF lads and lassies, Whens the next one ?

Bill and Joey

post-13-1096147484.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Friar Tuck

What a good job you had a trailer there Bill!

That looks like a fair bit of repair work, but as you say, at least Dave is OK.

Glad to hear you got on well, hope the misfire isn't something too serious.

Cheers

The Friar

Guest Steve Allen

Just like to thank everyone there at Barkston. great day and already in the diary for next year. What a great little track to find out what your car can do. Heart goes out to Dave. (brave face but must be gutted) once I came i off the track and started doing a bit of cross country rallying decided to call it a day. Car ok pride damaged.

Would also like to Thank Duncan (former RH owner and member ) who came along for the ride and even at a quiet drive round in my car. I never knew it did 7000 revs and had four wheel steering until Duncan drove it.

Many Thanks to Tim and John and nice to put a car to peoples faces. if you know what I mean.

Ps time for Duncan to crack on with his new project ready for next year

Steve

Guest battery joe

:) just like to say thanks to everyone who helped this event, great fun, espasially being able to drive the car That we built round the circuit. shame about the misfire though, It may be the pump (it's too noisey).

+ a big thanks to tim swait (2b) and nigel brown (honda intergra) for the lifts And to Dad (he loved those little bends on the left hand side of the circuit)

Hope to see you all next year

joey :)

ps-hope you get a new shell soon dave.

Without wanting to repeat what has been said before I had a brilliant day out. I'm still trying to work out how come it was so cheap (£30-00) when all of the marshals, fire and ambulance crews have to be paid.

Big thanks must go out to Steve, there isn't that many people who would trust someone else with their car round a circuit, although I was always in full control (That minor slide was for demonstration purposes only - Honest :blink: )

Although most escaped with just a few scratches here and there it was a shame to see what appeared to be a quick and well developed car get totalled. Cruel luck for someone who appeared to be one of the best drivers out on the circuit. Hope there aren't too many aches and pains this morning and good luck with the rebuild!

Roll on next year, thanks

Duncan :D :D

Guest salty_monk

Ditto!!! :lol: :lol: (To which comment or all comments take your pick!!)

Just got back to find out I'm now suffering from sliding pillocks rubbing on the inside of the wheel! :huh:

I know a few have experienced this before, anyone know any fixes other than Wishbone conversion?? (Wondered if moving up to 15's with a lower profile tyre would work??)

Just got back to find out I'm now suffering from sliding pillocks rubbing on the inside of the wheel! :huh:

I know a few have experienced this before, anyone know any fixes other than Wishbone conversion?? (Wondered if moving up to 15's with a lower profile tyre would work??)

Depends on where they are rubbin but I would suspect not. I'd suggest the earlier Ford offset (the same as Puregrot) in order to move the wheels out a bit. Failing that spacers and longer studs until you can get it converted.

Iain

Guest chris brown
I know a few have experienced this before, anyone know any fixes other than Wishbone conversion
I think the way to go is wishbone you were pretty quick at Barkston for a car with sliding pillocks think what you could do with a properly sorted front end

Guest salty_monk
you were pretty quick at Barkston for a car with sliding pillocks

Chris - compliments will get you everywhere :wub: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(By the way - in case I didn't get around to telling you at the weekend, I got made redundant last Monday (any reccomendations on where to find a new job in product design/development/sourcing etc appreciated!) so I'm looking for a low cost fix at the moment. Perhaps I'll get Rizla's lot to put some wishbones on in the future though! (or wait till Jigtec start up under a new name!!))

Oh by the way - Best comment of the day from Battery Bill crawling under the trailor to anchor Dave's car down with some ratchet straps:

"Did you know your driveshaft gaitor is split??"

:lol: :lol: :lol: