Barkston Heath Photos

Guest John Walton

Guest Battery Bill

Jim

I don't think an excess of power would have done you much good at Barkston, I dont know what the times were but just watching the RHoods did not seem to be playing second fiddle to anyone :D :D Including the High powered other types :D

Guest salty_monk

That course is all about handling I would say, loads of power always gives you a benefit but the straights are so short on the track that I would say the gain in lap time from power alone would be minimal in comparison to a good setup...

I didn't get a chance to follow the man with the bike engine but as BEC cars are normally terrific 0-80mph & have handling benefits I'd say that course probably suits them quite well...

To prove this one of the organisers racing the next day had a bike engined car that looked like a small Ultima & reportedly put in some very quick laps there...

Hi all

First off Bill Thank you very much for your assistance in helping me get home, you are what make our owners club special, I really can’t thank you enough.

As for the car on closer inspection the damage isn’t that bad, I’m hoping to be back at barkstone heath with you all for the next one (Tim don’t book it for a few months I need some time to fix it!).

For all you who didn’t know what happened I put a back wheel on the grass coming out of the last right hand bend, went off track and the pictures tell the rest.

I had a fantastic day and can’t wait to get the car back on the track, the only thing I was gutted about was I thought we were being timed and it turned out we weren’t, :angry: I did have a rather stiff neck in the morning (shame it didn’t effect me else where)lol.

If any of you have pics that haven’t been posted could you please mail them to me.

Once again a big thank you to a great owners club!!!! :D

Guest Battery Bill

Dave

No problem, I would have hated being in that situation myself or I would have also felt bad leaving Barkston with our trailer knowing that a fellow Hoody was stranded.

Glad to hear that the damage is not too bad, It certainly did not look quite so bad when you "Drove" it off the trailer :rolleyes:

I have done a Report on our Barkston experience, look at Our website to see it. :D

You will notice that it is a report not just a load of Piccies like some :lol: :lol: :lol: